Do you want to improve your business’s online presence? Of course you do, most small business owners know that a business’s online presence is important they just aren’t sure exactly what they need to do to make it better! Of course you could call Small Talk Marketing and we can help, but if you’re more of the do-it-yourself type, here are 5 things you can tomorrow to start improving your business’s online presence.
- Claim your local listings – Claiming your local listings is an easy way to improve your business’s online presence and increase your chances of coming in up search results. Most of the major search engines likes Google, Yahoo and Bing all give you the ability to claim local listings for your company. On top of those sites there are about 100 others (literally) that web experts recommend you get listed on. To see a full list, go to yext.com and have them run a test. They’ll send you a report detailing what sites you’re on and not on. You don’t need to add yourself to everyone of them, unless you have the time to do it, but focusing on the first 10-20 on the list should be fine.
- Write a blog post – Keeping your site fresh and creating original content regularly is a great way to improve your business’s online presence and good blog content can help position you as an expert in your field.
- Post to social – Keeping your social media accounts up to date and active can go a long way in improving your business’s online presence. Even if you don’t have a top of the line social media strategy, having your accounts up to date when visitors stop by is better than leaving them idle for months. Take the blog you just wrote and share it to all your social channels.
- Update your website – The content on your website should be reviewed and updated regularly. In addition to keeping your blog current, looking at all the pages on your site and refreshing their content from time to time can improve your business’s online presence. You want visitors to have accurate information about your company.
- Think mobile – If you have not already, make sure everything you do is mobile. Look at your website and even email marketing campaigns you are running to make sure everything your business does online is mobile friendly.
These are 5 simple things most small business owners can do on their own to improve their business’s online presence. You should do all of these things consistently if you want to truly benefit from your efforts. If you are looking for a more thorough online marketing strategy, give me a call at (716) 650-4111!